Find out more about our policies concerning your privacy.
Escenda Engineering AB and its affiliates and group companies (hereinafter referred to as “we”) understand that your privacy is important to you and are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data. We may process your personal data in the capacity of data controllers. This privacy notice describes the information about you that Escenda collects, how that information is used, maintained, shared, and protected and how you can update it. It also applies to all personal data received by Escenda from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in any format, including electronic or paper.
Escenda will process your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice, unless such processing conflicts with the requirements of applicable law, in which case, the applicable law will prevail.
By submitting your personal data to Escenda, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this privacy notice and agree to the use of your personal data as set out here. Your personal data may be transferred and processed by business units, processes and systems in all countries in which Escenda conducts its business and/or has dealings or other business relationships with third parties, for the purposes and in the manner specified in this notice or in any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you.
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data of our website users, any job applicants (whether through the Careers portal, other job portals, third party recruitment agencies, or otherwise), clients, suppliers, and any other person(s) whose personal data has been provided to us or collected in accordance with applicable law.
Personal data that we collect
Escenda may collect and process different types of personal data in the course of operating our business, engaging personnel and providing our services. Such personal data may include, without limitation:
- Basic personal identifiers such as your first and last name, usernames, age, marital status, gender, job title, etc.
- Contact details including email address, telephone number(s), and postal address.
- Recruitment-related data such as your curriculum vitae, education and employment history, details of professional memberships and other personal data relevant to the purpose.
- Technical data such as your IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- Identification and other background verification data such as your passport or other government-issued identity documents, utility bills, social security or national identification number, bank account details, etc.
- Data you may provide in order to attend meetings, register for events, sign up for notifications, etc. including data pertaining to special access needs and dietary requirements.
Sensitive personal data is a special category of personal data and includes data pertaining to ethnicity, health-related information, trade union membership, religious and philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, as well as other categories of sensitive personal information as prescribed by law. Escenda does not seek to obtain and will not collect such data about you unless permitted to do so by applicable laws.
How we collect your personal data
Escenda may obtain your personal information from you directly, or through third parties authorised to share your personal data. Amongst others, we receive your personal information:
- When you interact with us directly, such as registering on our website, applying for a job at Escenda, register for and/or attend any meetings/events/webinars organised or sponsored by us, subscribe to any communications issued by us or applications developed by us, take any surveys or provide feedback relating to us, etc.
- Where we monitor the use of, or interactions with, our website, applications or tools, or in any marketing communications we may send to you, or other email communications sent from or received by Escenda.
- From third party sources, for example, where we collect information about you to assist with credit and other KYC checks or background verification, or where we receive information about you from recruitment agencies for recruitment purposes;
- Where you are listed as a reference, or emergency contact for an employee, candidate, contractor, etc.
How we use your personal data
Escenda will only collect and use your personal data where permitted to do so by applicable law, and only in the manner and on the grounds therein permitted. The primary grounds on which your personal data is processed are:
- Legitimate Interests: where the processing is reasonable and necessary for the legitimate interests of our business and/or the legitimate interests of a third party, to the extent such processing does not infringe on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Fulfilment of Contract: where the processing of your information is necessary for the fulfilment of any contractual obligations with you.
- Legal Obligation: where the processing is required to comply with applicable law.
- Legal Claims: where the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity.
Based on the above grounds, as applicable to the context, we process your personal data in order to:
- Enable you to avail any of our services to you including customer services issues;
- Allow you to receive responses to any requests made by you;
- Send communications to you about our or our affiliates’ current services, new products and services or promotions that we are developing, and opportunities that may be available to you;
- Send alerts for new features or enhancements to our products and services;
- respond regarding job or career opportunities about which you have inquired;
- Identify and evaluate you as a candidate for potential employment, as well as for future roles that may become available;
- Ensure that our site and our services function in an effective manner for you;
- Deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail, online, etc. If we send you a marketing email, it will include instructions on how to opt-out of receiving these emails in the future.
- Comply with our legal and compliance obligations, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime, loss prevention or fraud.
- Meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate.
We endeavour to collect only such information as is reasonably necessary to perform services for you or to respond to your inquiries. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide is accurate, complete and current; we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we collect, and the process is relevant to its intended use.
Who we share your personal data with
Escenda shares or discloses personal data when necessary to provide services or conduct our business operations.
- Within the Tata Technologies group: Personal data may be made available to and processed by Tata Technologies entities across the world as necessary for the provision of services, account administration, sales and marketing, customer and technical support, and business and product development, etc. All of our employees and contractors are required to follow our data protection policy and security policies when handling personal data.
- Our business partners: We occasionally collaborate with other organizations to deliver co-branded Services, provide content, or to host events, conferences, and seminars. As part of these arrangements, we may collect and share information about you. Escenda will handle, and ensure that our business partners handle, personal data in accordance with this privacy notice.
- Our third-party service providers: We collaborate with and are supported by service providers around the world. Personal data will be made available to these parties only when necessary to fulfil the services they provide to us, for example, software, system, and platform support; direct marketing services; cloud hosting services; advertising; order fulfilment and delivery. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal data we make available to them for any other purpose other than to provide services to us.
- Third parties for legal reasons: We will share personal data when it is required as a legal or contractual obligation, such as:
- To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence.
- In the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Where we store and process personal data
Escenda is a part of Tata Technologies, a global organization, and your personal data may be stored and processed globally. This means that we may store, transfer and process your data outside of the jurisdiction in which it was provided. If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA) this will mean that your personal data may be transferred to, accessed in, and/or stored outside the EEA in jurisdictions where data protection laws may not be as comprehensive as in the EEA. Notwithstanding the location where the data is being held or processed, Escenda adopts reasonable and appropriate security practices and procedures including administrative, physical security, and technical controls in order to safeguard your Personal Information in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Escenda has data protection agreements with all our entities around the world, including standard contractual clauses as prescribed under applicable law. Where your personal data is shared with third party vendors or service providers, we take appropriate steps to ensure that such data is processed, secured, and transferred according to applicable law thus protecting the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of your personal data.
How we secure personal data
Escenda takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal data. Our information security policies and procedures are aligned with widely accepted international standards and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
- Policies and procedures: Escenda employs reasonable technical, physical and operational security measures intended to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. Our security measures are periodically reviewed and updated in an effort to provide appropriate security for all personal data held by us.
- We place appropriate restrictions on access to personal data.
- We implement appropriate measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely.
- We conduct privacy, information security, and other applicable training on a regular basis for our employees and contractors who have access to personal data and other sensitive data.
- We require our third-party vendors and providers to protect any personal data with which they are entrusted in accordance with applicable law and our security policies and procedures.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain personal data for as long as is reasonably required to fulfil the purpose for which such data was collected, and any linked purposes such as satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In determining data retention periods, Escenda takes into consideration local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our customers. When we no longer need personal information, we securely delete or destroy it.
Your rights in relation to your personal data
Escenda takes reasonable steps that are designed to keep your personal data accurate, complete, and up to date for the purposes for which it is collected and used and to ensure that processing of your personal data complies with this privacy notice and applicable law. Under certain circumstances and in accordance with EU or other applicable data protection laws, you may have the right to:
- request access to the personal data that Escenda has collected about you for the purposes of reviewing, modifying, or requesting deletion of the data.
- request a copy of the personal data Escenda has collected about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
- where processing is based on consent, to withdraw your consent so that we stop that particular processing.
- restrict how we use your information whilst a complaint is being investigated.
If you would like to discuss how Escenda processes your personal data, or you are an EU data subject who would like to make a request to access, review, or correct the personal data that Escenda has collected about you, please contact us at dpo [@] tatatechnologies.com
To help protect the privacy and security of your data, Escenda will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal data. Escenda will make reasonable attempts to promptly investigate, comply with, or otherwise respond to your requests as may be required by applicable law. Depending upon the circumstances and the request, Escenda may not be permitted to provide access to personal data or otherwise fully comply with your request; for example, where producing your information may reveal the identity of someone else. Escenda reserves the right to charge an appropriate fee for complying with your request where allowed by applicable law, and/or to deny your requests where, in Escenda’ discretion, they may be unfounded, excessive, or otherwise unacceptable under applicable law.
Escenda does not intend to collect or maintain personal data of individuals under 13 years of age. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS OUR WEBSITE(S) OR OTHERWISE PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION TO TATA TECHNOLOGIES WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE AND CONSENT OF YOUR PARENT/GUARDIAN. If Escenda learns that personally data of an individual under 13 years old has been collected without verifiable parental consent, then Escenda will take the appropriate steps to delete such information.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact us at dpo [@] tatatechnologies.com
Escenda reserves the right to modify this privacy notice. Escenda will post changes to the privacy notice on https://www.escenda.se/privacy-policy/. Please check this page at regular intervals for updates.