BIW Design Engineers
We are now looking for looking Design Engineers within Body in White to strengthen our existing team.
At Escenda you will have both great responsibility and freedom. You will be involved in several aspects such as extensive contacts with suppliers, writing/ updating specifications, identifying problems and monitoring the solutions. It is an advantage if you are self-motivated and a quick adaptor to new contexts, hence you will feel comfortable in the high tempo that exists in the automotive industry.
As a Design engineer at Escenda engineering, you will be a part of our Mechanical engineering department in a team of professional individuals from different parts of the world. We do work both inhouse in project teams and onsite at our client’s facilities.
Your main responsibility is to develop and manage different Body in White components in cooperation with other teams and stakeholders at the customer site as well as with supplier(s). You will actively drive and lead the development to fulfil given targets in terms of cost, timing, delivery and quality.
You will also:
- Be responsible for the development and design of one or several components or systems within Body in White.
- Be responsible for the creation and release of requirement specifications.
- Communicate and agree the requirements with the supplier(s).
- Support technical discussions with stakeholders at customer and with supplier.
- Report status back to Lead engineer/Project.
- B.Sc. in Mechanical engineering. M.Sc is meritorious.
- Knowledge and experience from the automotive industry.
- Background within mechanical design, mechanical integration or similar at OEM or Tier 1 supplier.
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a Design engineer within automotive.
- It is meritorious to have worked within more than one area of the vehicle body (e.g Closures, Body Side, Front or Rear end).
- Skilled user of Catia V5.
- Knowledge of PDM/PLM and requirement management systems (e.g. TeamCenter, System Weaver, PDM-link or similar)
- Used to working in project and team form.
- Familiar with the release process of hardware in the automotive industry.
- Spoken/written English, Swedish is a plus.
- Driver’s license type B.
- Work permit valid for Sweden.
- Open minded with a “can do” mentality, structured and able to work independently as well as contribute to the team by working cross-functionally.
- You should be systematic, thorough but also capable to adapt in a quick moving environment where the prerequisites can change on short notice.
- Transparent, knowledge sharing and willing to learn new things.
Escenda creates value by offering product development services to clients operating on a global market. We are driven by passion, innovative thinking and a desire to make a difference.
We have from the start in 2010 valued the family feeling. Since 2017, Escenda is a part of Tata Technologies, which gives us a unique position to be locally anchored with global resources and opportunities always by our side. Operate in brand new office facilities on Lindholmspiren, in the middle of the growing technology cluster in Gothenburg.