Design Engineer – Body in White
Escenda engineering, the Swedish arm of TATA Technologies, is now looking for a Design engineer within Body in White to strengthen our existing team.
As a Design engineer at Escenda engineering, you will be a part of our Mechanical engineering department in a team of professional individuals from different parts of the world. We do work both inhouse in project teams and onsite at our client’s facilities.
Your main responsibility is to develop and manage different Body in White components in cooperation with other teams and stakeholders at the customer site as well as with supplier(s). You will actively drive and lead the development to fulfil given targets in terms of cost, timing, delivery and quality.
- Responsible for the development and design of one or several components or systems within Body in White.
- Responsible for the creation and release of requirement specifications.
- Communicate and agree the requirements with the supplier(s).
- Support technical discussions with stakeholders at customer and with supplier.
- Report status back to Lead engineer/Project.
- B.Sc. in Mechanical engineering. M.Sc is meritorious.
- Knowledge and experience from the automotive industry.
- Background within mechanical design, mechanical integration or similar at OEM or Tier 1 supplier.
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a Design engineer within automotive.
- It is meritorious to have worked within more than one area of the vehicle body (e.g Closures, Body Side, Front- or Rear end).
- Skilled user of Catia V5.
- Knowledge of PDM/PLM- and requirement management systems (e.g. TeamCenter, System Weaver, PDM-link or similar).
- Used to working in project and team form.
- Familiar with the release process of hardware in the automotive industry.
- Spoken/written English, Swedish is a plus.
- Driver’s license type B.
- Work permit valid for Sweden.
- Open-minded with a “can do” mentality, structured and able to work independently as well as contribute to the team by working cross-functionally.
- You should be systematic, thorough but also capable to adapt in a quick-moving environment where the prerequisites can change on short notice.
- Transparent, knowledge sharing and willing to learn new things.