Lead Engineer – Chassis
Escenda Engineering, the Swedish arm of TATA Technologies, is now looking for a Lead Engineer within the Chassis domain to strengthen our existing team.
As a Lead engineer at Escenda engineering, you will be a part of our Mechanical engineering department in a team of professional individuals from different parts of the world. We do work both inhouse in project teams and onsite at our client’s facilities.
Your main responsibility is to lead the design and development in a cross-functional team for the chassis components or subsystems for which you will be responsible. This is done in cooperation with other teams and stakeholders at the customer site as well as with supplier(s). You will actively drive and lead the development to fulfil given targets in terms of cost, timing, delivery and quality.
- Responsible for leading the development and design of one or several components or systems within the chassis domain.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the time plan for the respective component or subsystem.
- Ensuring progress is made by following up actions with their respective owners.
- Communicating team progress to project management and other stakeholders.
- Communicate and agree on requirements with the supplier(s).
- Lead technical discussions with stakeholders at customer and with supplier(s).
- B.Sc. in Mechanical engineering, Automotive engineering or similar. M.Sc. is meritorious.
- Knowledge and experience from the automotive industry.
- Background within mechanical design, mechanical integration or similar at OEM or Tier 1 supplier.
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working within the automotive industry. Minimum 3 years from the Chassis domain.
- It is meritorious to have worked within more than one area in the Chassis domain (e.g. Wheel suspension, Vehicle dynamics, Brake systems or similar).
- Basic knowledge in Catia V5.
- Knowledge of PDM/PLM- and requirement management systems (e.g. TeamCenter, System Weaver, PDM-link or similar).
- Proven project management capability demonstrated by recent delivery on time & budget.
- Team leader experience.
- Strong communication skills. Should be comfortable to present information at different levels.
- Familiar with the release process of hardware in the automotive industry.
- Experience from working in an Agile environment is a plus.
- Fluent spoken/written English, Swedish is a plus.
- Driver’s license type B.
- Work permit valid for Sweden.
- Open-minded with a “can do” mentality, structured and able to work independently as well as contribute to the team by working cross-functionally.
- You should be systematic, thorough but also capable to adapt in a quick-moving environment where the prerequisites can change on short notice.
- Ability to keep many tasks running in parallel.
- Transparent, knowledge sharing and willing to learn new things.