Senior Director – Strategic Business Development
We are now looking for someone to help us grow, by strategically hunting for new business and strengthening our brand in the Scandinavian market.
Gothenburg based company Escenda Engineering, the Swedish arm of TATA Technologies is expanding in Sweden. We are now looking for a ‘Senior Director – Strategic Business Development’ to help us grow, by strategically hunting for new business and strengthening our brand in the Scandinavian market.
TATA Technologies has 9,000 employees worldwide and is a company within the Tata Group with a presence in over 27 countries. TATA Technologies provides services in engineering and design, product lifecycle management, manufacturing, product development, and IT service management.
Your overall responsibility as a Senior Director – Strategic Business Development is to define Escenda’s customer acquisition strategy and lay out a roadmap for growth through new accounts. You will execute the strategy by hunting for new business outside Escenda’s existing customer base. This would include but not limited to the following:
- Gain Access – Gain access and get requested time with the targeted individual at the accounts
- Sell Consultatively – Use collaborative communication to engage clients in a discussion that result in a mutual value
- Negotiate – Effectively overcome obstacles to reach an agreement with the customer
- Build Momentum – Establish traction and accelerate forward motion toward your desired sales objective
- Create Solutions – Combine offerings into a valued and differentiated solution to improve your client’s business.
- Utilize Resources – Secure and manage the required organizational and financial resources to achieve sales results.
- Present Value – Present ideas and/or solutions in a manner that fully engages the intellect, emotion and participation of the audience
Further, your responsibility is to establish a relationship with new clients/prospects by establishing executive credibility through confident discussion of business topics in a manner that engages business leaders. You will strengthen the Escenda and TATA Technologies brand in the Scandinavian market by pitching global skills and capabilities.
You should have a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree and at least 10 years of experience in Business Development / Hunting Sales. To be successful in this role it is important that you have solid experience of having worked with one of our direct competitors in Sweden/Scandinavia.
You should have the ability to comfortably deal with all levels of the organization – especially senior / top management at prospective accounts. You should have a strong drive for success, and it is important that you are able to communicate clearly, and know what, when and how to communicate depending on audience and subject matter (sensitivity and timing). You would need to maintain the highest level of professionalism when speaking with various stakeholders on behalf of the company. You should have the ability to deliver under pressure and against stringent timelines. It is important that you can operate independently, and yet have a strong, dynamic working style as a collaborator and a team player. You should have a ‘Can-Do attitude’ and a Global Mindset.
It is desirable if you have prior experience of dealing with offshored engineering and IT services and have existing relationships with influencers & decision makers at prospect accounts.